Thursday, June 19, 2008

PT, Speech and Lightsabers...

...that's what Thursdays are made of.

JT did well overnight. Jennifer hung here at the hospital while I took Jack and spent the night at the house. I haven't quite figured out where it's better to sleep - on the "couch" here or at home. Odd. I would have thought home would be pretty good, but right now they're equal.

Anyhoo, James' earlier, ahem, "issues" have "passed" and he seems in better spirits. This morning Jack came in with me and had breakfast with JT before heading off with Jenn to daycare. James followed breakfast with back-to-back hour-long PT and Speech sessions. We wrapped up the morning with grilled cheese and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

I'll open up a little here and tell you that, yes, we've met with the oncology team and we have a diagnosis. We're taking our time digesting it all and trying to manage talking to each of you individaully. What I will say is that the Taylors - especially James - have a long, long year of treatments ahead of us which will certainly require your support. We'll post more details in due time.

For those of you at Fairpoint & DBC, thank you all again for the (sometimes overwhelming) outpouring of support, love and prayers.

For now, it's nap time. Love to you all.
dct & jet













p.s. Here's Starsky..on loan to JT during his stay from one of the teachers here on the floor. The gentleman's name is, you guessed it, Hutch. Starsky, from his perch atop the fridge, watches over all who enter.

4 comments:

Amelie said...

What a wonderful smile and great spirit! That will carry James over mountains. So sorry to hear about your up and coming challenges. Stay strong! You guys are amazing! Let us know how we can help! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Amelie

Stephanie said...

Incredible smile James - it speaks volumes! If you could earn a penny for every thought and prayer that you've accumlated since last week, you would be a millionare. Much love, support and prayers for a strong and courageous little man.

Unknown said...

I showed Tate the picture of James' big smile, and he said "that's the James I know!" James, you and your family are in our prayers. I'm thinking of you guys often and James, you're amazing me every day!

mary fowler said...

Hi Don,

I am thinking of you each day. I volunteered at BBCH for 11 years in the playroom and saw so many successes and healthy children returning 5-10 years later to say hi to the nurses! The staff is amazing. You are in great hands!

I am thinking of you!

Mary Fowler