Sunday, June 22, 2008

and a Better Sunday Afternoon

So the drain is out! And so is his last IV. No tubes! James is quietly eating his lunch now without anything attached to him except a hospital bracelet and some band-aids! I don't think he yet realizes the extra freedom this might lead to. One doctor even mentioned that it might be an option to sneak out of the hospital for a couple of hours and visit home! We'll see how this afternoon goes. We've got a bookmark to make, some rest to get, and are expecting a couple more visitors today before we think about sneaking out. One step at a time, and for now it's good to know that we've taken one giant step this afternoon! - jet

6 comments:

Poulins said...

Congratulations!!!

Jerry and Deb said...

Hi James! Sounds like you're having a better day! Lots of hugs and kisses to you, Mom, Dad, and Jack.

Memere said...

Great news & congratulations, James
Memere (from school)

FDL said...

I have just returned from a week vacation and I am reading all of this and trying to catch up on your journey. Congrats on all the progress and the prayers and positive thoughts from our family to yours. We have had experience in the BBCH and experience with Dr James Wilson as well. Dr Wilson is really a great guy and he always tells us he will treat our child the same way he would treat his own and I believe him. I think you are in good hands.

nancy g said...

Hi everyone SO glad to hear James is improving. I have chked on his progress every day if there is anything you need please call me i am avail.

Kathy Legage said...

Hi James!

I have really missed you and have been thinking of you...especially when the Celtics won!!!!! I know what a big sports fan you are! I hope you have a t-shirt or you need to let me know so I can drop one off.

I know how strong you are and that you are constantly thinking of getting better. Keep those strong thoughts going! You are my self discipline and self controll guy! Keep smiling, James!!!

I'll write you again!

Take good care! Ms LeGage