Monday, June 16, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday....


Well, Dr. Deano Vis-something-or-other - Okay, so everyone here calls him Deano. Deano came by early this morning and checked on James. He said that he appears to be doing well. He's looked at the post-operative MRI and feels that there wasn't anything "funky". He also mentioned that Dr. James Wilson - the surgeon who led the team - may stop by today to chat.

James will have a CT scan later this week to see how the fluid is moving and/or collecting. This will give us a better indication as to how that fourth ventricle (the one that was blocked by the tumor) is working. But, as it stands, the shunt will remain in the back of James' head.

On today's docket for JT...physical, occupational and speech therapies. They want him out of bed- if only over to the chair. And we are pushing for some more words. I was able to get a "No" out of him last night.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by yesterday. Special thanks go out to Curtis, Ben, Ada, Tate and Riley. I know that it's tough for you kids to see all of that scary stuff. But understand that James really liked seeing each of you (and getting the presents.) If you're scared don't hesitate to talk to your folks. You didn't hear it from me, but, they're pretty smart like that and can answer some of your questions to make it a little less scary.

4 comments:

Carolyn Sivik said...

Hi, Don. I think about you and your family every day. You're in my thoughts and in my prayers. I wish you well and pray for an especially quick recovery for James. Take care and talk soon. Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Don-
I was so shocked and saddened to learn about James. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish James continued little victories, like small sentences, in these post-surgery days, and a complete and rapid recovery.
Lee

Stacey Dand said...

Hi Don,
I just heard about James, I'm so sorry the little guy has to go through something like this. Happy to hear though that he spoke, even though it was the word "no" ;-) Having just spent a week at Maine Med with little Ella I know how exhausting it is -- hang in there, Jim and I are thinking of you and your family. Stacey

Unknown said...

Don
Please know I'm thinking of you and your family during this time and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ANYTHING, and I mean anything, I can do to help you and your family out. In the meantime, I will be hoping for Jame's continued improvement and quick recovery. - Ange