Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home again...

....home again, jiggidy jig. We're back home! The crew up at BBCH really pushed hard to get James his meds posthaste and we were allowed to check out of the inn earlier this evening. While James is quite tired he handled all of the drugs, questions and interruptions like a champ. One of the big questions I had in the back of my mind going into this week was how he'd react to the new chemo drug - cyclophosphamide. Would he be allergic? Well, he's not. He took two rounds just fine!

I've said this before but I think that it bears repeating again. The crew up on pediatric inpatient floor deserves all the praise that could possibly be given. And then a little more. Inevitably, there are going to be kids and families spending their holiday up on the west end and it blows my mind how these fine folks, selflessly, make each kid feel as though they were king or queen of the world. On Christmas morning while I'll be lucky enough to wake up at home and opening presents in the warmth and comfort of my own living room, my thoughts will be with all the doctors, nurses, kids and families that will be up in the big house celebrating the holiday. I raise my nog to you all.

Okay, now about our busy day....On top of his meds, playing ball in the atrium and drop-ins by some friends and family James was visited by US Navy officers from BNAS, a triathlete in training for London 2012 and a number of ME State Troopers bearing gifts. Of it all, James was definitely most impressed with the fact that the Troopers all had both guns and handcuffs inside the hospital. And, of course, their jet black German Shepard K9 - aptly named, Chase - was pretty cool.

As promised here are a few more shots from Santa's special visit to room 636...

If I don't type again before the Santa's coursers fly, enjoy your holiday everyone!
'To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!'
Love to you all....
dct






4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Happy New Year! May the new year bring good news and good health to you All. We will continue to pray and send good vibrations your way.
Appie from PA.

Jeffrey Bruni said...

Merry Christmas, little man. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope 2009 finds you in good health.

Jeffrey Bruni

pixie said...

I hope I have finally gotten this right..I have tried twice, so here I go again.(dumb).
Pleased to get your updated blogs!!!! We think of you more than you know.
We wish all good things for you all in 09'..
Pixie

pixie said...

I am no damn good at this! I keep messing it up, but here I go again.
Thanks for updates on James progress. You are in our thoughts & hearts!!!
Wishing you all the BEST in the New Year! XOPixie